SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats. Its a situations anlysis in which internal strengths and weaknesses of an organisation and external opportunities and threats faced by the company (BusinessDictionary.com, 2015).
- Pioneer and trend setting company both in style and functionality
- Huge social media following (Fan Page List, 2014).
- Huge sponsorship roster, biggest in football (Store.Nike.com, 2015)
- Being such a leader in the market, innovation is not always a priority process on all front such as diversifying into other sports such as rugby and also including technology in their boots.
- Growth of online shopping across all retail markets.
- Incorporation of data collecting technology into boots.
- Better diversification by competitors, making the most of the market from all sporting codes.
- Redundancy of the brand due to failure of being able to re-invent the brand.
- Fan Page List,. ‘Top Brands On Facebook.’. N.p., 2015. Web. 3 Mar. 2015.
- BusinessDictionary.com,. ‘What Is A SWOT Analysis? Definition And Meaning’. N.p., 2015. Web. 3 Mar. 2015.
- Store.nike.com,. ‘Men’s Custom Football Boots. Nike Store UK.’. N.p., 2015. Web. 1 Mar. 2015.