Chief Blogger: George Tatenda Bvuma
- The Nike football boot was the first Nike shoe to bear the swoosh when it was first introduced in 1971 and cost $16.95.
- Though this was stylish looking boot it was a massive failure as though an appealing in looks, it could not contend with wet and cold conditions and fell to the wayside in the Nike Corporation.
- 1978 Nike returned to the football boot platform in dramatic fashion by signing the Portland professional football team as being their official kit sponsor.
- By 1980 Nike football sign sponsorship contracts with 10 regional associations and almost 40 players.
- Two years later, Nike sign their first athlete star, Ian Rush and in the same year Sunderland F.C become the first club in Europe to wear The Nike Kit.
- Present day, Nike in the 2014 Brasil World Cup, filled the field by sponsoring 10 teams at the tournament, more than any other team.
- Showing the powerhouse corporation they have become in the realm of football boots nationwide.